Cloudy Bay Vineyards produces globally renowned premium wines in the Marlborough region and is part of the world’s most successful luxury brands group, LVMH - Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton. Our focus is on still and sparkling winemaking from Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. Cloudy Bay has also a vineyard in Cromwell, Central Otago. The region is home to the premium Te Wahi, our Central Otago Pinot Noir.
We currently have a Vineyard Operator position available at our Cromwell vineyard, in the Central Otago region. This role reports to the Vineyard Manager and is responsible for executing daily vineyard operations and provides support to Senior Vineyard Operator in supervising contracted staff. This role is largely outdoor mechanical, with some ground-based work included with full training provided.
This hands-on role provides an opportunity to develop skills on a full range of current vineyard machinery and systems.
The position will require you to undertake tasks such as:
- tractor operations such as vine and weed spraying, sweeping, canopy trimming, leaf plucking, mowing, mulching, cultivating, gondola driving
- record keeping including spray diaries and timesheets
- canopy management, pruning and vine training
- irrigation management; service and maintenance of system
- grape harvester driving
- other harvest roles as required
- maintaining the vineyard and surrounds
- OH&S participation
- operation and maintenance of required equipment
- involvement in vineyard data collection
- supervise contract vineyard labour and company casual vineyard staff when required
- consult with employees regarding risk identification, assessment, control strategies and elicit their involvement in improving safety.
In order to be successful in this role, you will have:
- experience in vineyard or other operational agricultural enterprise
- a sound understanding of viticultural principles and practices
- vigor in working a mechanical and groundwork based role
- flexibility, sound communication skills, a willingness to learn and be part of a strong and cohesive team
- strong knowledge of safety conduct and procedures
- Class 1 valid driver’s license desirable: Class 2, 4, W, F license. HASNO, Growsafe, Approved Handler certification
The successful applicant will be joining a fun, focused and rewarding team-orientated environment. The salary package includes an attractive base salary, an annual bonus (linked to performance), wine allocation and superannuation.