Jack's Raw Bar Head Chef and Sous-Chef - Central Otago - Summer 2020
The Cloudy Bay Shed is our newly opened Cellar Door situated in our Northburn Vineyard, just outside of Cromwell. This summer, we are excited to bring our successful garden restaurant concept, Jack’s Raw Bar, down in Central Otago.
For this first edition, we are looking for an enthusiastic Jack’s Raw Bar team: A Head Chef and a Sous-Chef who are willing to contribute to the reputation and experiences of The Cloudy Bay Shed. Our Jack’s Raw Bar is set up outside as an open kitchen and involves facing customers. We are open seven days a week for lunch so successful applicants will need to be available to work flexible hours including weekends and public holidays from mid-November through to Easter.
You will receive a full training on the Jack’s Raw Bar menu and recipes to deliver an outstanding food and wine experience to our guests.
You will use seasonal and local products which lends perfectly to the Cloudy Bay wine experience. Bring your food experience and top-standard customer service ability to create authentic gastronomic experiences for our guests.
Reporting to the Cellar Door Manager, the Head Chef and Sous-Chef will be responsible for:
- Managing the Jack’s Raw Bar operations and workload including preparation and service
- Maintaining a consistently high-quality food service and presentation
- Food preparation including shucking shellfish
- Delivering exceptional customer service to all visitors of Cloudy Bay through the Jack’s Raw Bar
- Managing the daily food stock take, products shelf life and ordering.
- Monitoring the Food Control Plan
- Regularly communicating with the Cellar Door Manager regarding daily operations, special events and improvements suggestions
- Ensuring that the Jack’s Raw Bar and the back kitchen is maintained in a clean and tidy state
To succeed in this position, you will have:
- Significant experience either as a Chef or a Kitchen Hand with excellent food making techniques and practices
- An enthusiastic and team-oriented mindset
- The Chef will have an experience in managing a Sous-Chef and a full kitchen in autonomy
- Experience in working either as a Chef or a Sous-Chef in busy and pressured environments with high-quality standards
- Willingness to learn new techniques and discover a new gastronomic environment
- A high standard of personal presentation with a friendly and genuine attitude
- High energy and a positive, pro-active approach with an attention to details
- Excellent presentation and communication skills aligned with Cloudy Bay brand's standard
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Adaptable and flexible for rosters working arrangements
- Physical aptitudes: standing on feet all day, manipulating and shucking seafood, shellfish and oysters, lifting trays of dishes
You will be given a competitive rate, training and on-the-job support to establish you as a successful member of our fun, focused and collaborative team.