Cellar Hands - Vintage 2020
The vintage season is here!
Around late February 2020, we will begin our harvest season in Marlborough and have a number of positions available for experienced and passionate Cellar Hands. We offer an engaging season with a comprehensive induction and applied technical training in a modern winemaking environment. You will gain comprehensive world-standard experience and widen your network of winemaking friends.
The Cellar Hand role
During the harvest period, you may work shifts up to 12 hours in length, up to 6/7 days per week. You will receive a competitive rate, regular breaks, training and a catered meal for shifts of more than 10 hours. You will use your outstanding work ethic to perform diverse responsibilities across:
- Grape receival, processing and pressing
- Racking and tank transfers
- Red and white fermentation management
- Barrel management
In order for your application to be considered, you must have:
- Previous vintage season experience as a Cellar Hand (1-3 past vintages) performing grape receiving, racking, transfer and barrel work
- The ability to lawfully work in New Zealand or obtain the right to lawfully work in New Zealand
- Solid English language skills
- Refined & efficient work style and enthusiastic attitude
- Resilience and a good sense of humor
- Previous forklift, confined space and health & safety training is desirable
We hope to make offers for all positions throughout November, and have all employment & travel arrangements confirmed by December.